September 11, 2008

Let's Bake a Pie

When I look at this painting I think of the fun day spent in my studio with my sister-in-law, Charlotte, and her sister, Donna. Donna was visiting from Florida and wanted to have a creative day. The three of us painted this same basket of apples. I would demonstate for awhile and then they would work on their paintings. We went back and forth like this until I said "STOP". You artists know that is the hardest part... Knowing when to put that brush down. This was Charlotte's first stab at painting and her watercolor is signed, framed, and hangs in her kitchen. I'm so proud of you, Char! I hope that Donna has framed her masterpiece, too. I love to teach and am rewarded when I can help others discover their hidden talents.
I

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I actually hung my first painting. Tom would be proud. Even my grandkids said "Wow!"

Marsha Robinett said...

You tell Charlotte that she did a wonderful job on this her first painting. The apples indeed look good enough to take a bite out of.