October 3, 2008

Coppini Academy Fall Show




Last night I was awarded a ribbon for "Tommy's Tom Tom". It took 3rd Place in the Watercolor Division at the Coppini Academy of Fine Art Members' Juried Fall Show of 2008. It was a beautiful show this year and many gifted artists entered their best works.
I painted this picture from a professional black and white glossy photograph of my father, Tommy Noll, taken in the '20's when he was a drummer in the big band era. Who would have thought at the time the photo was taken that it would be displayed at Coppini in San Antonio in 2008! I have always been proud of my Dad and painted him with love.







4 comments:

Linda Su said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a shining moment for you and very well deserved! Your dedication and passion for the arts continue to be awarded. Your dad would have been so proud.

CathyR said...

Congratulations Marilyn. What an honor. Your paintings are beautiful.

Bonnie Mann said...

Congratulations, Marilyn! You do beautiful work.

Marilyn Moore said...

Thank you. My dad would have got a kick out of this, for sure. I have a great painting of my Mom taken that same era. She is in a flapper outfit. I am going to enter her next time. Equal billing, you know.