August 2, 2008

Dream On

Dream On is an abstraction of reality incorporating realistic lilies with fantasy shapes tied together with spheres and blocks of color. I designed and cut the stamps. Inteference silver was used as accents throughout the painting. You can see this better if you double click on the image and enlarge it.

In January, 2008, I was awarded second place ribbon for Artist of the Month competition at The Coppini Academy of Fine Arts in San Antonio.



Below is the finished painting matted, framed in brushed silver and hanging above my mantel. I searched for a sphere shaped vase to display the lilies and repeat the design of the painting.


4 comments:

CathyR said...

Marilyn this painting is so beautiful. I love all the shapes and the stamps that you designed. It looks lovely hanging over your mantel.

Susan Carlin said...

Lovely!

Sharon said...

Wow. That's beautiful. And, your interior design talents are showing with that vase and floral arrangement, too! This isn't the style I'm used to you painting, but I like it!

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

Gorgeous!!! Just gorgeous!