August 30, 2008

In Rembrance of Me


Pastor Jim Ulrikson led the worship service at Shepherd of the Hills Evangelical Lutheran Church in Fountain Hills, Arizona. After service was over I asked him to pose for a photograph standing at the altar and pouring the wine. Pr. Jim has been retired for many years and remains a faithful servant of the Lord teaching mid-week classes to the men and women of the church. Even though I have lived in San Antonio for three years, Pr. Jim continues to e-mail me his weekly lessons.

In celebrating Holy Communion each Sunday we are remembering Christ and all that He has done for us in His life, death, and resurrection.

He took the bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."

In the same way, after supper he took the cup saying, " This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

I Corinthians 11:24

3 comments:

CathyR said...

Beautiful. I do miss Shepherd of the Hills.

Marsha Robinett said...

Marlyn,
I visit often but don't always comment. I so enjoy seeing your watercolors.

Your use of color and the 'fluid' feeling of the paint...it's just what I want to do with watercolor. You inspire me every time I see your paintings.

I've passed along "Brilliante Weblog" award to you, you can read more about it on my site. Enjoy!

Terry said...

Hi Marilyn, nice to meet you through Marsha Robinett - thanks for stopping by my blog! I love what you are doing here, "In Remembrance" and "New Arrivals" are both particularly wonderful. Watercolor totally intimidates me :-)
Will stop by again -