July 19, 2008

Quiet Moments

I gifted the bride and groom two paintings of their wedding day. Since I did not attend their wedding in Pennsylvania, I asked Linda Su to name the paintings and write a brief narrative about each one. Narrated by Linda Su, the bride. The photo used for this watercolor was taken minutes before our wedding ceremony on Saturday, May 26, 2007. We had just walked outside from our neighbor’s house where we had gotten ready for our big day, and we began walking towards the barn where our two horses were waiting for us. I was very nervous, so Brett (without saying a word) took my hand to calm me down; he immediately put me at ease. We walked in silence through the field – the air was humid, the sun was hot, but Brett was cool and relaxed. We could hear the sounds of our 200 wedding guests next door who were awaiting our arrival by horseback. These quiet moments were truly priceless. (Karen A. Godshall, sister of the groom, took the original photograph used for this painting.)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

The narrative is just as beautiful as the painting.