July 17, 2008

Summer Interlude

One Saturday morning at a Farmer's Market in Santa Fe I stopped to listen to the happy music these musicians were playing. They were sitting in the parking lot in their own little world enjoying the beautiful morning. I knew when I saw them that they would be the subject of my next painting. I was awarded First Place Ribbon in the Fountain Hills Cultural Council's Third Anual Foothills Art Exhibit held in Fountain Hills, Arizona.
Unfortunately, the photographer cut the bottom of the painting off, showing only half the shoes.

6 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Well, you've returned with a WOW painting! This is just great. I can almost hear the banjo. No wonder it got the First Place award. I'm curious about the photographer part of the story....

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

So good to see you posting again! I love this painting. You truly have what it takes to capture emotions. Glad you are feeling better, too. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in business and feeling better. Another great painting!!! Love them all ! Nelia

Bonnie Mann said...

Welcome back. Love the life in this painting!

Barbara Pask said...

I love this painting. What an interesting subject and I love the feel of light on the men.

Marilyn Moore said...

Thank you all for your kind words. This was always one of my favorite paintings and I had it hanging in my music room for a few years. I hated to see this one go. I get so very emotionally attached to some of my paintings. A wise artist friend of mine once said, "Marilyn, what if a cobbler didn't sell his shoes."