November 8, 2008

Colors of Autumn

My least favorite color is orange and I forced myself to do this painting using the warm autumn colors. I was also doing the study to practice negative painting. The bright spot on the right side is the reflection of the flash as the painting was under glass when I snapped the picture. If I ever learn PhotoShop I can probably repair that.

This is one of the paintings that was purchased right off my wall by someone touring my house with a realtor. I was selling paintings but not the house. One more I didn't have to pack for the move to San Antonio.

4 comments:

Marsha Robinett said...

Marilyn,
I enjoy looking at this painting, there is so much to see. The negative painting worked well. I certainly see why it was purchased off your wall. Lets hope your home sells soon as well.

I so enjoy looking at your work. You're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn Moore said...

Thanks for you kind words. This was sold over three years ago when we were selling our home in Fountain Hills, AZ, to move to San Antonio. Hope not to have to go through all than again soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
Love this autumn piece. Reminds me of all the best things as our season gets cooler.

The black I used in the painting Lemonade was black gesso.

Bonnie Mann said...

Marilyn, I love this autumn painting. The detail is extordinary! I envy those that do watercolor and do it well. I always enjoy seeing your latest post.