November 15, 2008

The Octogon Cafe

The Octogon Cafe was located across from the beautiful fountain in Fountain Hills, Arizona. It was so relaxing to sit outside at a table with friends and sip an iced tea, watching the fountain rise into the sky with the mountains in the background. The owners, Jim and Cindy, supported the arts in the community and invited artists to display their works. I was asked to have a display and to paint one day a week at the restaurant. I had never painted before an audience and was not sure I could do this. To my surprise, once I began chatting with the customers I found I was relaxed and looked forward to my afternoons painting at the Octogon Cafe.

I recently visited Fountain Hills and my friend, Barbara, took me to lunch at their new lakeside location. I had a great reunion with Jim and saw the painting I had gifted them hanging on the wall. It occurred to me that I had not taken a photo of this painting and was glad for the opportunity be able to post it on my blog.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

ALWAYS take photos of your work. Aren't you the one that taught me that???? :-) You did a wonderful job. I can almost hear the fountain falling as I look at this painting and get lost in it.