May 5, 2009

Where Has the Time Gone?

I have had many gentle reminders from many of you that I have not posted anything new on my blog since February. When I opened the blog this evening, I realized that the February post was the only one in 2009.
When I began my blog last year I was posting one painting every day. I was using photographs of paintings created over many years. Some of you marveled how I could paint a new painting every day! I assured you that I could not. As you can see, I have had trouble creating a new painting each month.
I find that the creative juices are not always flowing. I must be inspired to begin a painting. If I am not, that blank white paper on the easel is difficult to face. For whatever reason, I could not ascend the stairs to my studio and wet those brushes.
I decided I needed to attend a workshop to get back in the groove.
My thanks to all of you who have faithfully looked at my blog and have encouraged me along the way. Painting is a very solitary task and it is always good to hear from you, even if it is to "scold" me about my blog.

1 comment:

CathyR said...

I understand your painter's block. I've had a bad case of scrapbooker's block since Christmas. I'm slowly getting back into the groove of scrapbooking and am having a good time.

Hopefully you will feel like getting those brushes wet real soon.