May 26, 2009

You Are My Sonshine



I painted my son, Gregg, in Ted Nuttall's workshop. Every stroke on this painting was put there with care and love. I was blessed each day as I spent hours studying the photo of Gregg and letting my mind wander to memories of the happy times we have spent together, the sad times we have cried together, the strong shoulder I have learned to lean on, and the comic relief he has provided with his quick wit and wonderful sense of humor. He will always be my tender hearted boy and a gentle giant of a man.



4 comments:

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

This is just wonderful!!!

Bonnie Mann said...

Wow! I love this painting! And the hands are perfection. I don't know Gregg but feel like I have just met him.

Sharon Pugh said...

Not having seen Gregg for so many years, I would just like to say that not only is this a great painting, but that his hair seems to be all gray while his older sister (me) still has brown hair and eyebrows. LOL!

Bonnie Mann said...

Congratulations for your recognition of this piece at Coppini. Still love it!