June 23, 2008

Room With A View

My sister-in-law, Charlotte, wished that she had a window in her laundry room. On my next visit I packed my paints and brushes in the suitcase. As she left for work I asked her what she would like to see when she looked out the window. "A bird" she answered. My brother, Tom, and I got out the yardstick and masking tape and before long we had established a large window. This was the first time I painted on a wall and I kept telling myself we could always get some wall paint and cover it up if she didn't like it. Several years later they moved from this house and I often wonder if the new occupants enjoy the laundry room window.


2 comments:

CathyR said...

Marilyn that is such an awesome painting. I bet that really made laundry time a joy for your sister-in-law.

Charlotte said...

I wish I could have taken that wall with me to the new house. It opened up the room and sure did make doing laundry more pleasurable.