June 4, 2008

Yonder



Ready for the big time (after all, I was not afraid of color) I enrolled in Ted Nuttall's class Painting Figurative Watercolors from Photographs. A gutsy move from a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee to a portrait. Ted had just began his teaching career at Scottsdale Artist School. After watching a slide presentation of his paintings I was hooked. As Ted painted for the class demo I would hang on every word he spoke and my eyes would dart from his palette to the paper with every stroke. He made it look so easy. Then came my turn. Everyone painted from the same photo of a cowboy and it was fun to see variety in the finished paintings. I named my painting "Yonder" as he seems to be looking off into the distance


watercolor 10x13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marilyn, You are an inspiration to any would be artist and those with no artistic talent at all. We must strive to our goals at each stage of life.
you are well on your way.
NancyBrown